Some research results say that when choosing perfumes, we prefer those that fit well with the natural scent of our bodies and harmoniously complete it, thus emphasizing our biological signal.
Research has also shown that when people apply self-selected fragrances, the effect is rated as more pleasant than when they apply a scent chosen by someone else.
Therefore, we can regard self-composed perfumes as extremely exclusive ones, and if we use only natural materials, as top luxury, too.
Natural perfumery education consists of two modules, each lasting 32 hours (4 days x 8 hours).
Content of education:
- Natural perfumery and its building blocks
- How our sense of smell works
- Working with fragrant materials: preparing space and materials, sniffing technique, conducting scent evaluation, skin chemistry
- Studying notes & keeping records
- Composing accords (Jean Carles method)
- Making a brief
- Perfume composing trials: ratios between accords
- Composing alcohol-based perfume
- Composing oil-based perfume
- Natural perfumery safety
- Describing scents/Fragrant glossary
During the education, participants create their alcohol-based (EdT-15ml) perfume and oil-based perfume (5ml). In addition to workbook (cca 100 pages), work palette 1 (21 fragrant materials in 10ml bottles with pipettes), created perfumes and certificate of completion, participants are provided with all necessary equipment (roll-on bottle for oil-based perfume, bottles, pipettes, stickers, scent strips etc.).
After completing Module 1 participants are trained to create alcohol and oil-based perfumes and can finish their education at this level.
Module 2 is intended for those persistent and curious who want to learn further, improve the art of composing natural perfumes and refine their creations. Those who already have experience in designing natural perfumes do not have to pre-complete Module 1, but it will be necessary to take a test checking the knowledge for Module 2 level of education.
Content of education:
- Discussion of previous experiences in creating natural perfumes
- Evaluation of fragrant materials in the palette: studying notes & keeping records
- Practical skills: work with „problematic“ materials, different dilutions, more precise measurement (working with scales)
- Composing vertical accords
- Different approaches to perfume creation
- Planning and creating EdT
- Planning and making solid perfume
- Perfumer’s diary
- Creating Bespoke Perfume
In order to be able to work with as large amount of fragrant components as possible, materials from the palette 1 will be available. For the same reason, students are expected to bring their own palettes, too.
Participants will create their alcohol perfume (EdT-15ml), solid perfume (5g), and a sample of bespoke perfume. They are provided with workbook, work palette 2 (20 fragrant materials in 10ml bottles with pipettes), all necessary equipment (bottles, compact for solid perfume, pipettes, stickers, scent strips etc.), and certificate of completion. Upon completion of Module 2 this education is finished. On further modes and opportunities to improve their skills everyone decides according to their needs, visions and inspiration.
For more details about education please use contact form on my website: http://aromaterapija.info/slobodanka-postic/