Some research results say that when choosing perfumes, we prefer those that fit well with the natural scent of our bodies and harmoniously complete it, thus emphasizing our biological signal.
Research has also shown that when people apply self-selected fragrances, the effect is rated as more pleasant than when they apply a scent chosen by someone else.
Knowing that, we can regard self-composed perfumes as extremely exclusive ones, and if we use only natural materials, as top luxury, too.
If you want to wear a perfume that will cooperate well with your body chemistry, the task of its creation can be best performed by you, your nose and your brain. The self-created natural perfume is an item well worth including into one’s personal wellbeing toolbox.
Would you like to learn how to create such a perfume? If so, you’ve come to the right place. We are here to ignite your passion for natural perfumes! People wore such perfumes till the end of the 19th century, when they became too expensive and too complicated to produce, so they were replaced by synthetic fragrances.
The School of Natural Perfumery Fragrance Signatures and Ana Ličina Aroma Atelier invite you to the 2022 / 2023 session of the Fragrant Signatures education.
- The difference between natural and synthetic perfumes
- Short history of using natural fragrant materials
- Types of fragrance materials (essential oils, absolutes, CO2 extracts, tinctures, hydrolates, etc.)
- Notes and accords
- Scent profiles of 21 materials
- Skin chemistry and the effect of scent on emotions
- Perfume families and combining scent materials
- Different forms of fragrant products (oil-based, alcohol-based and solid perfumes)
- Creation and production of a personal alcohol-based perfume
- Guidelines for further education
- Beginners or professionals interested in the field of natural perfumery
- Sensory researchers who want to sharpen their ability to perceive and recognize scents
- Formulators of natural cosmetics who want to improve the scent of their products
- Gourmet enthusiasts, sommeliers, winemakers and chefs, because the senses of taste and smell are closely related
- Psychotherapists who want to more intensively include in their work the awareness of the sense that we are neglecting
- Therapists who want to accompany their work with an adequate scent background and thus improve its positive results
- Everyone who is interested in natural scents and wants to get closer to themselves through engaging sense of smell and through creative work
December 3rd 2022
- Introductory Meeting (2-3 hours)
Before the start of the education, participants should prepare their perfume kit that includes a perfume palette of 21 fragrant materials, buy Fragrant Signatures – Manual for Creating Natural Perfumes, and other equipment necessary for an in-depth and independent work at home. At the meeting you will be shown how to prepare your starting palette.
Note: For the participants from Europe there is possibility to purchase Perfume Kit via Aroma Atelier and receive it by post.
- All classes will be held on Saturdays and Sundays from 9.00 to 12.30 CET.
(During the introductory meeting we can adjust the hourly schedule a bit, to better suit everyone.)
First Weekend January 14th + 15th, 2023
- Fragrant Materials
- Sourcing, Selecting and Storing Fragrant Materials
- Working with Fragrant Materials
- Preparing Fragrant Materials
- How to Evaluate Scents
- Base Notes Evaluation – Discussion: Individual Impressions and Preferences
Second Weekend February 18th + 19th, 2023
- Classification by Scent Groups
- Accords Formulation
- Base Accord Trials
- Evaluation of Middle Notes – Discussion: Impressions and Personal Preferences
- Perfume Formulation Method by J. Carles
- Creating a Base Accord
Third Weekend March 18th + 19th, 2023
- Discussion: Experience of Creating the Base Accord and Olfactory Impression
- Skin Chemistry
- Perfume Evolution
- Top Notes Evaluation
- Creating a Middle Accord
- First Impressions of the Middle Accord
Fourth Weekend April 15th + 16th, 2023
- Discussion: Experience of Creating the Top Accord and Olfactory Impression
- Filling in the Perfume Formula Form
- Balancing Accords – Trials and Selection
- Perfume Creation
- Perfumes’ Classification by Concentration and Families
- On Possible Post Festum Interventions
- Questions and Concluding Discussion
Follow up Meeting May 13th, 2023
- Discussion about the Experience of Creating and Wearing Natural Perfume
- Exchange of Impressions about finished perfume
- Guidelines for Further Work
The entire training takes place interactively, without pre-recorded videos, in real time and with the constant support of the teacher and organizer. Due to the above, despite the online form, the education is still very personal, which allows for a genuine contact to be made in the group.
PRICE: 1.200 €
(If you already own the manual Fragrant Signatures, the price is 1.140 €.)
- working in a small group and in real time
- interactivity and tasks for individual work at home
- manual Fragrant Signatures
- careful mentoring throughout the entire perfume making process
- certificate of completed education
- follow up
- Live online: 47 teaching hours.
- Individual work at home: minimum 30 teaching hours.
LOCATION: Online event via the ZOOM application
GROUP SIZE: In order to ensure the quality of work, we can accept a maximum of 10 people in a group. When the places are filled, we will put you on the waiting list, just in case a place becomes available at the last minute. Thank you for your understanding.
Deadline for applications: October 30th, 2022.
IMPRESSIONS OF FORMER PARTICIPANTS:
“I enjoyed the education of natural perfumery very much. I haven’t been so inspired by a topic for a long time! Slobodanka Poštić as a top lecturer and Ana Ličina as an organizer have a lot of credit for that. I saw my kindred souls in them. I am immensely grateful to them for this wonderful experience. I will follow in their footsteps. “
V. about feelings after the end of online schooling
“My knowledge of perfumes was in the range of perfume products in the store – you smell, you buy; and the question of colleagues: what perfume do you use! That I can put together the most beautiful scents, scents that are dear to me, it’s something I didn’t know existed. “
“It was super fantastic! Slobodanka is really an empress. When I got home, my husband said: “Ooo, how nice you smell! Yummy, what is this?” Hahahaha 🙂 I have a box of blotters and bottles on the table here in the living room and it seems to me that the whole room has a labdanum and patchouli aura. In short, I can’t wait for the second part of the education! ” – T. on feelings after the first part of education.
“Everything was wonderful, what a beauty these scents are. Wonderful atmosphere and good people, perfect. I’m still euphoric, so this morning I started a small amount of perfumer’s alcohol using benzoin and vanilla. ” – I. about her feelings after starting school
“Slobodanka and Ana are a great combination, if I add my classmates, inspiration was guaranteed. Everything is included: knowledge, cooperation, friendliness, curiosity, love, attention, temperament, energy.” – A. about why she wanted to attend the same school again.
“It was wonderful in your company and you took very good care of all of us: a friendly and professional approach, nice boxes of fragrances, extensive material … it couldn’t be better.” – K. on school satisfaction.
- And a few impressions of the participants after wearing their perfumes for a while:
“I love my perfume. I can’t tell you how good he is. Amazing, what a perfection for the first creation! ”
“My perfume helps me to be well. My clary sage is definitely doing its job, I have perfumetherapy. ”
“I enjoy smelling my perfume products, it all makes me very happy.”
“My perfume is getting depth, I love to wear it. It calms me down, encourages me and makes me feel special. ”
“Perfumes smell nice and bring a smile and good mood to MY face every day.”
The author of the content of the education is Slobodanka Poštić.
Online training is organized by Ana Ličina Aroma Atelier.
Mobile: 00 386 40 641 712
Welcome to fragrant online trainings, in the comfort of your nest. 🙂