Some research results say that when choosing perfumes, we prefer those that fit well with the natural scent of our bodies and harmoniously complete it, thus emphasizing our biological signal.
Research has also shown that when people apply self-selected fragrances, the effect is rated as more pleasant than when they apply a scent chosen by someone else.
Therefore, we can regard self-composed perfumes as extremely exclusive ones, and if we use only natural materials, as top luxury, too.
Education consists of two modules.
- Fragrant Materials
- Sourcing, Selecting and Storing Fragrant Materials
- Working with Fragrant Materials
- Preparing Fragrant Materials
- How to Evaluate Scents
- Base Notes Evaluation – Discussion: Individual Impressions and Preferences
- Classification by Scent Groups
- Accord Formulation
- Base Accord Trials
- Evaluation of Middle Notes – Discussion: Impressions and Personal Preferences
- Perfume Formulation Method by J. Carles
- Creating a Base Accord
- Discussion: Experience of Creating the Base Accord and Olfactory Impression
- Skin chemistry
- Perfume Evolution
- Top Notes Evaluation
- Creating a Middle Accord
- First Impressions of the Middle Accord
- Discussion: Experience of Creating the Top Accord and Olfactory Impression
- Filling in the Perfume Formula Form
- Balancing Accords – Trials and Selection
- Perfume Creation
- Perfumes’ Classification by Concentration
- On Possible Post Festum Interventions
- Questions and Concluding Discussion
Follow up Meeting
- Discussion about the Experience of Creating and Wearing Natural Perfume
- Exchange of Impressions about the Project “Perfume on the go”
- Guidelines for Further Work
- Live online: 45 teaching hours.
- Individual work at home: minimum 25 teaching hours (approx. 5 hours per month).
After completing Module 1 participants are trained to create alcohol perfume and can finish their education at this level.
* * *
This module is intended for those persistent and curious who want to learn further, improve the art of composing natural perfumes and refine their creations. Those who already have experience in designing natural perfumes do not have to pre-complete Module 1, but it will be necessary to conduct an interview to determine the necessary knowledge for Module 2 level of education.
Content of Education:
- Discussion of previous experiences in creating natural perfumes
- Evaluation of fragrant materials in the palette: studying notes & keeping records
- Practical skills: work with „problematic“ materials, different dilutions, more precise measurement (working with scales)
- Composing vertical accords
- Different approaches to perfume creation
- Planning and creating EdT
- Planning and making solid perfume
- Perfumer’s diary
- Creating Bespoke Perfume
In order to be able to work with as large amount of fragrant components as possible, materials from the palette 1 will be available. For the same reason, students are expected to bring their own palettes, too.
Participants will create their alcohol perfume (EdT-15ml), solid perfume (5g), and a sample of bespoke perfume. They are provided with workbook, work palette 2 (20 fragrant materials in 10ml bottles with pipettes), all necessary equipment (bottles, compact for solid perfume, pipettes, stickers, scent strips etc.), and certificate of completion. Upon completion of Module 2 education Fragrant Signatures is finished. On further modes and opportunities to improve their skills everyone decides according to their needs, visions and inspiration.
For more details about education please use contact form on my website: http://aromaterapija.info/slobodanka-postic/